Monday, February 13th in class
Midterm 1 covers everything we have done so far in lectures and labs and on the exercises. Redo the exercises and labs!
- Stacks, queues, and their implementations
__init__, self, creating instance variables
- Exceptions, including
- Python modules and
- Basics of
- Basics of recursion (nothing much harder than
is_palindromefrom the lab)
- The basics of doing an object-oriented analysis
Here are some old midterms. Please note that a lot of them have different content than this term. For example, you may see mention of trees; those are not on the test. You may also see mention of inheritance and superclasses; those are also not on the test.
- Last fall's midterm 1 paper and solution.
- StG L0101 2009 winter midterm
- StG L5101 2009 winter midterm
- StG L0101 2008 winter midterm
- StG L5101 2008 winter midterm
Here are some recursion problems for you to practice on.
Monday, March 19th in class
Midterm 2 covers everything we have done so far in lectures and labs and on the exercises, with a focus on everything since the first test, including A1. (Although anything from the course is fair game.) Redo any exercises and labs that you had trouble with!
- Binary trees
- Priority Queues
- Tree representation: nodes vs. a list
- Recursion: on trees, on lists, on numbers
Here's a really fun midterm.
Several of the tests from the Midterm 1 section have questions on trees and recursion.
These are good questions to do:
- Winter 2009 L0101, Q1, Q2
- Winter 2008 L0101, Q1, Q3, Q4
- Winter 2008 L5101, Q1, Q3, Q4
Paul's written up a discussion about how to think about tree recursion, including a bit of practice.
Here is the winter 2010 exam. We don't have solutions written up, but you're encouraged to discuss yours on the boards. Questions 1, 5, 6, and 7 are good practice.
Midterm 2 Paper and Solutions
Thursday 26 April, 2:00pm - 5:00pm in IC130 and IC230
Room allocation (by last name):
A - Wong: IC130
Wu - Z: IC230
The final exam will cover all the material from the course, including what was covered on Midterm 1 and Midterm 2, as well as the material that came after.
The last pages of the exam will contain docstrings of functions and methods you may find helpful. They can be found here.
You can find past exams on the U of T library website. Search for "CSC148H".